Clinics & Services
A full range of primary health services are provided at the Centre. They include:
- Immunisations, including travel vaccinations
- Family Planning
- Health screening programmes, including cervical smears
- Child Health Surveillance Clinics twice weekly, Monday mornings and Thursday afternoons. These are for well babies only. If your child is ill, bring them to the surgery to see the Doctor.
- Blood Clinics – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday lunchtimes between 12.15pm and 12.45 pm – no appointment is necessary.
- Non-NHS medical services include; check ups, such as those required for professional or insurance purposes, reports for Solicitors, Private sick notes, HGV and PSV licence medicals etc. Private consultations for some overseas visitors. Please ask at reception for a price list and a suitable appointment.
A number of special clinics are held regularly at the Surgery:
- Ante-natal clinic - Tuesday mornings
- Diabetes clinic - Thursdays mornings
- Family planning services - please make a Nurse or GP appointment
- Asthma clinic - Wednesday afternoons
- Heart disease clinics - Friday mornings
- Minor surgery clinics - these are arranged according to need – please ask for details
- Alcohol counselling - ask your doctor for referral
- Drug counselling - ask your doctor for referral
- Smoking Cessation - with Sue - Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons by appointment
Your Doctors work closely with other professionals such as District Nurses, Midwives, Dieticians, Physiotherapists and Psychologists etc. Your Doctor can arrange for you to see any of these specialists here at the surgery, if you need their care.
Our Nurses provide a full range of nursing services at the Centre, including vaccinations, ear syringing, travel immunisations and general advice on a wide range of health-related issues.
They also provide comprehensive monitoring of all the chronic diseases and have a particular interest in women’s health matters, such as cervical smear tests and family planning. Our nurses also provide a Weight Management service